Monday, February 2, 2009

Celebrating Time Off

I am taking advantage of my time off today by catching up on 1 1/2 weeks of laundry, dishes, sweeping, vacuuming, blogging, etc. I am also using this time to catch up on my gluten free baking.

Now, close your eyes. Imagine the most wonderful muffin you have ever eaten. Did it have fruits, nuts, chocolate? Was it the perfect texture? Warm from the oven and dripping with melting butter? I just ate three of the most fantastic blueberry muffins for lunch. I wish I wasn't so full so I could eat more! I guess I'll share them with kids after all.

I found a "Light and Fluffy" muffin mix at the store a while ago. Then another store had fresh blueberries on sale, so today I combined the two. Ooooooooooooh what a combination!
I have used the Gluten Free Pantry items probably more than any other mix when trying out new things. They are usually reliable, unless I fail to properly follow the directions.

I followed most of the directions to create these treats. I used evaporated milk intead of regular. I also added about 1Tbs sugar, just in case. {Maybe that's why they were more like cupcakes instead of muffins? Who cares! They were awesome!!!}

Not quite sure what my deal is with not following directions. Probably something to do with the fact that that's how I tend to do things ~ differently.

Anyway, I highly recommend these muffins. You don't even need to eat gluten free to enjoy them. You just gotta want something good.

0 comments: