... no, not that game. This is a family oriented blog.
Have you ever been watching a show that pertains to an area of expertise that you are extremely familiar with only to have crucial details completely misconstrued???
Did that make any sense at all?
Chad and I were watching "Bones" tonight for the first time ever. It was pretty interesting until it became disturbing. There was a scene in a psych hospital where a nurse was diverting medications from the pharmacy to "help" others. The medical director of the facility explained to the investigators that the number of missing medications was well within appropriate discrepancy limits.
WHAT?????
This was particularly upsetting because in December I had an experience (my first) with a drug diversion. To clarify, there is no "acceptable" discrepancy limit with any medications, much less controlled meds.
To sum up, on the night of the incident, I was at my building from approximately 9:30pm until about 1am. Staff were called out of a dead sleep to come to the facility. I got to thoroughly interview everyone with access to the missing medications. I also became acutely aware of urine drug screen procedures as all those with access were also screened for illegal substances. I had the unfortunate occasion to terminate an employee based on the drug screen result. Many tears were shed and promises were made. Local police were involved as was the State. It was a holy mess.
Chad was kind enough to pause the show so I could vent about how WRONG the show was portraying the situation.
Then we(I)moved on and enjoyed the rest of our evening...
The End
Monday, February 15, 2010
Have you ever...
Written with love by Amy at 10:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment